ElectriCities is a not-for-profit government service organization representing cities, towns and universities that own electric distribution systems. Today, ElectriCities represents more than 90 members in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, including the City of Lexington.
The NC Public Power website is now available with comprehensive information for residential customers. The site includes:
- Information about the history of the power agencies and public power
- Facts about the power agencies
- Storm preparedness information
- Energy efficiency tips
- Information about the NC Public Power plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
- Renewable energy portfolio standards updates
- A listing of jobs available in public power across the state.