Traditionally in February every year, Lexington City Council holds a retreat and collectively sets goals for the community for the coming fiscal year. It is important to convey that oftentimes, City Council's goals for the community span multiple years due to the complexity and the long range vision applied in setting the future direction for the City of Lexington.
In April 2015, City Council established the following as the Top 10 Goals for Fiscal Year 2015-2016:
- Play active role to grow the local economy
- Continue to expand recreational opportunities for citizens
- Focus efforts on improving the City’s appearance
- Develop the Depot District including advocating for passenger railstop
- Support programs that will prepare students for good citizenship, successful future and jobs
- Maintain City’s financial integrity while enhancing government services
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the brand of Lexington
- Support development of “green” initiatives
- Attract and pursue a diverse, professional staff that is well trained and skilled and reflects the community
- Continue to address homeownership, housing options, blighted neighborhoods and neighborhood stabilization
To view completed progress for the year, please click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view Goal Accomplishments in Pictures as shown at the City Council Retreat held on February 9 & 10, 2016.
Additional information across the website is linked for your convenience and accomplishments are updated periodically. Be sure to Sign up for eNews to follow the latest progress reports on fulfilling City Council's objectives for the citizens of Lexington. You may also follow progress on Facebook or Twitter!